A Birthday Meditation

Greetings, Internet friends and neighbors, and the occasional relative who from time-to-time drops in this way, leaving not a trace of their presence!

(This is not the Appalachian Trail, guys, you ARE permitted to leave some sign behind.)

Today is my first-born son's birthday. Here's what I wrote him:


First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Second, some meandering pursuit of whatever interesting things pop out with consideration of ages.
I was born in 1953; this year, I will celebrate my 66th birthday.You, my firstborn son, were born 30 years later, in 1983, and this year (this day!) you celebrate your 36th birthday.Heath Jordan, your first-born son, my first-born grandson, was born 30 years after that, in 2013, and he has celebrated his 6th birthday.


6; 36; 66.


What fun can we have with those numbers?


Well, let's factor Heath's Age: (HA)= 6 = 2 x 3. Nice and simple. The first two prime numbers.


Your age, YA = 36, gives a BIT more to play with, because your age, YA =HA*HA, or HA 2
YA = 6 2= 6 * 6 = 2 * 3 * 2 * 3, or 2 2 * 3 2: The squares of the first two prime numbers; that's nice, isn't it?


My age (MA) , 66, has given me a bit more of a thought problem.
At first glance, it resolves into MA = 2 * 3 * 11, which is ACCURATE, yet strangely unsatisfying.


I wish to celebrate the resonance of father age as a function of first-born son!

Viewed that way, MA = YA + 30 = YA + (6 * 5) = YA = 2 * 3 * 5.
So:
HA = 2 * 3YA = 2 2 * 3 2MA = 2 2 * 3 2 + (2 * 3 * 5)

...and that allows me to participate more fully in the celebration of my first-born son as well as HIS first-born son. And while I recognize that this is merely a case of personal satisfaction, and doubtlessly blesses no one else, it DOES compel me to reflect on the miracle of your birth for just a bit more than a simple card would have done.


Happy birthday, first-born son. If I had done nothing else in my life than be your father, it would have been enough.
Papa 

And thus endeth the morning's ramblings.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. How interesting. I, too, was born in 1953, and my first natural born son in 1983. Alas, the story ends there, since his wife cannot conceive - at any rate, they weren't married early enough to have a six year old son.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023