Tiny Devotional for Friday, 10/02/2020

 A great and hopeful R.E.D. Friday, to all my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And, to those family members who find themselves reading this, it's Remember Everyone Deployed Day, so, if possible, wear something red. Umm...I'm having split green pea soup and brown rice for breakfast, but if you are desiring Cheerios, go for it!

Another explanatory comment. If you haven't already figured it out, each Tiny Devotional (so far) has come from the Book of Proverbs. There are 31 of those, so that matches up nicely with the calendar. Not PERFECTLY; but then again, we seek progress, not perfection.

For if you cry for discernment, 
Lift your voice for understanding; 
Wisdom will enter your heart, 
And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
(Proverbs 2:3,10; NASB)

 I have mentioned before that I have multiple sources of wisdom. In one of the places where I purchased counsel at great cost, I heard the phrase "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." 



There is also a picture of a little boy talking to an elephant
in the search I did... elephants are nice, but:
If an elephant is the answer, it's probably the wrong question.

It sounded more like something I might have heard if I had followed Dr. Strange to Katmandu, than something uttered in a basement of a Baptist church in Georgia, but I realized that expression was consistent with my own experience.

Here's the light that THIS reading shed on that bit of truth: it isn't that the teacher mysteriously popped into existence as soon as the student mysteriously unlocked some mysteriously hidden achievement. Nope; the teacher was there, and available, the entire time. But, as long as the student is complacent, or stubborn, or has a locked-in idea about The Way It 'Sposed To Be,  they are functionally blind, and it is an inside job. Nothing mysterious about it.

Once we SINCERELY yell for help, that's when God shows up. Sometimes, I've been told, in a burning bush, or a host of angels. More often for me, though, it's been from a sweet old person walking down the sidewalk, and offering a greeting; or nice young lady at the tag office who thanks me for my service, when she sees the "VET" block checked on my license.

A final thought: the earlier you yell for help, the better. Some poor choices result in YEARS, or DECADES, of misery. Teach your children well!


Peace be on your household.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023