Tiny Devotional for Monday, 10/26/2020

A great good Monday morning to all my friends and neighbors n Internet Land! And to family members who dropped by: ouch.

Like one who takes a dog by the ears
Is he who passes by and meddles with strife not belonging to him.
Proverbs 26:17, NASB



Preliminary Thought 1. Today in particul;r, there were SO MANY verses I wanted to share with you! I hope you will make the time to chew on and digest Proverbs 26 on your own.

Preliminary Thought 2. Ouch, but. For reasons, my ouch level is high this morning. Here is a wonderful thing: as I read the ancient wisdom, and drained the delicious mug of Black Rifle, the ouch level lost my attention.  

Main Thought. To the best of my knowledge, I have never taken a dog by the ears; at least, not with malice. I did try to break up a dog fight once, and got bitten for my pains. Still, I can imagine the scene: dog sleeping in the sun, fool does the ear-grab, chaos ensues.

On the other hand, I have, all too many times, seen what happens when someone meddles with strife not his own. So have you. 

I probably have seen more than you have; I was a middle school counselor for 16+ years;  it’s practically the national middle school sport. Rarely, the meddling resulted in bloodshed; mostly, it just caused a disturbance.

Sadly, adults do it as well;  office politics, for example, and:

ANY POLITICAL FIGURE WHO LOOKS FOR AN ISSUE TO EXPLOIT TO GATHER SUPPORT. 

Don’t get me wrong; politicians SHOULD take a position!

But all this furor in the headlines? 

That’s dogs with their ears pulled, and fools doing it.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023