Tiny Devotional for Monday, October 19, 2020

 A great good morning to you, friends and neighbors out there in Internet land! And to any family members who found their way here: having a written shopping list doesn’t mean I’ll buy the right item.

The foolishness of man ruins his way,
And his heart rages against the Lord.
Proverbs 19:3, NASB

I do not know how many times I’ve read Proverbs 19; dozens of times, I would hope. But until today, I never SAW verse 3. Isn’t that ridiculous?

(This is me)

I re-read the entire chapter; practically every other verse is something I’ve thought about, talked about, written about, meditated on, taken hope and encouragement from. BUT: I’ve never even SEEN verse 3. Isn’t that bizarre?

What makes it even MORE bizarre is that this is one of the foundations of my view of life, the universe, and everything. I gained this understanding from my walk down a path of wisdom I started 11,980 days ago. NOTE: I didn’t INTEND to go down that path; I went down kicking and screaming, but I haven’t left it after 32 years, 9 months, and 18 days. Along the way, I realized the pure, sweet, vivid application of the the truth of this verse; AND I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT WAS A VERSE!!

I talked about this truth a little in a blog post last year called “Dealing With Stuff I Don’t Like.”

Let me give a paraphrase, just to make it clear what I’m talking about:

Bad stuff happens to us because we do stupid things; and then we blame God for it.

It’s goofy to think that way. And today, I found out there is a verse that addresses it explicitly.

Strange, right?

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023