Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 10/04/2020

Good morning to all my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And to those few family members who have stumbled upon this post, I STILL think left-over pizza would have been a great option for breakfast, instead of scrambled eggs.

Put away from you a deceitful mouth
And put devious speech far from you.

Proverbs 4:24, NASB

Grandson Heath, my wonderful, sweet, very very very smart, delightful in every way, Firstborn Son of my Firstborn Son, had a sleepover with us last night, just for fun. He adores Kenneth and Alicia, he warms the cockles of GranNessa's heart, and he thinks Daniel San and PittySing are the exception to the Law of Dogs Rule and Cats Drool.  It's always a LOVELY time when he gets to hang with us!

Last night, as we were in the Two Minutes Until Bedtime period, I asked him if he needed to brush his teeth. He quickly disabused me of that idea, letting me know that he did that in the morning, and he didn't need to brush them at night, and ...

...and then, his energy carried him away, and he told me his Mom had told him not to brush his teeth that night.

As SOON as he said it, the energy left his face. He realized he had told me something that wasn't true; yes, it was in the general theme of the message he was trying to communicate, but he had gone too far. As in:

"You shall not eat of it, OR TOUCH IT, or you will die."

We fixed it, quickly and with much mercy and grace, because I knew he wasn't trying to be deceitful. He just was attempting to support what he believed to be the right position with reference to teeth-brushing. And, he was right, too, in that he didn't have a toothbrush packed.

Still, I experienced some grief, when my grandson had that expression of regret cross his face, as soon as he realized he had over-spoken. And I think our Father in Heaven is similarly troubled when we over-speak, as well.

It's just a thought.

It was over and done quickly. This morning, Heath and Kenneth and Alicia Ann were playing Minecraft (or something) and having loads of fun. Repentance and restoration: it's good all the time!

Heath on the big system, K&A upstairs on smaller systems

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023