Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 10/18/2020

 A great good morning to you, friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And for any family members who have stumbled on this post, my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock., GA, has decreed that Christmas season starts TODAY.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing
And obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22, NASB

August 6, 2011

Confession: I already knew what I wanted to say this morning; I was just looking for a verse to justify it. Fortunately, I found the perfect verse to illustrate my point, which is:

How could so many talented musicians write and perform so many great songs, and be completely WRONG about the subject material?

Yesterday evening, I wanted to sing a love song to my beloved, and I recalled the beautiful, swooping sound of Joni Mitchell, with "Help Me." So I played that, and I realized how EXACTLY WRONG the lyrics were:

We love our lovin'
But not like we love our freedom

Joni's prior affiliations lead me to what is perhaps the most wrong-headed love songs of all times, Love the One You're With. Although a CS&N anthem, I played the versions by the Isely Brothers and then Luther Vandross. And they are all wrong; DEAD wrong:

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. 

In the case of "Help Me," NOTHING ON EARTH  has brought me freedom, the way that loving my wife has.

And, "If You Can't Be With The One You Love," then be faithful until you CAN be with the one you love. Difficult, maybe. Not as difficult as betrayal, though.

Just my own experience.

Peace be on your household.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023