Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 10/08/2020

 A great good morning to you, friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And, to those family members who found yourself here, the Black Rifle Coffee called “M.O.” for “Murdered Out” is one of the best reasons to get out of bed.

There are AT LEAST two things I want to share from Proverbs 8, but this is the Tiny Devotional, and not the Comprehensive Bible Study Devotional. Sigh.

When He set for the sea its boundary
So that the water would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
Then I was beside Him, as a master workman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
Rejoicing in the world, His earth,
And having my delight in the sons of men.
Proverbs 8:29-31, NASB

Sophia, the Master Workman

Two things about this passage strike me as significant:

1. Wisdom has ALWAYS been with the Creator. I couldn’t help but contrast this with the Marvel superheroes ( I did a recent re-watch). All the superheroes have lots of power, but are sorely lacking in wisdom, until the very end (if then).

2. Wisdom  is a master workman; she doesn’t just have theoretical knowledge of construction techniques. Masters of their craft are ASTOUNDING! (Robert, the guy who fixed my septic tank, is one of those; so is Mylon, the guy who turned my front yard into a landscape )

2020 has been a really confusing year for EVERYBODY (for my family, 2019 was not much better, and 2018 had some gruesome moments as well). We had to let go, and fall all the way down, to rest on God's wisdom. That’s what got us through; and will today; and will tomorrow.


Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023