Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 10/15/2020

 A great good morning to you, all my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And to family members who find themselves here: it’s the 47th anniversary of the day I drove the car into the Enz River.

The Lord will tear down the house of the proud,
But He will establish the boundary of the widow. 
Proverbs 15:25, NASB

Broken Tools

It may come as a surprise to you, Dear Reader, that I consider you every morning as I write these Tiny Devotionals. After all, I don’t know who you are! I know how many people are subscribed to this blog, but not much more than that.

So: how can I tailor the message to give you help in meeting the challenges YOU will face today?

For that, I just have to trust. 

Today’s message is frequently repeated in the Bible: 

Powerful and Arrogant => Crushing 
Powerless and Faithful => Vindication.

In the words of Bunker Hunt: “The game is not about money. The game is about power; money is just how you keep score.”

I’ve been on both sides of that equation, more than once. And have the following observations:

1. You don’t have to have a lot of money in the bank to become arrogant, just the opinion that you can handle anything.

2. Similarly, a low bank balance is no guarantee that your heart is righteous.

3. I’ve never known anyone to cry out for help until they came to the end of their resources.

4. People with GREAT resources can last a LONG time, before they are crushed.

5. Regardless of where they started, crushed people all have the same needs for mercy and grace.

6. God can only use broken tools.


Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023