Tiny Devotional for Monday, 11-30-2020

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who may have dropped in, if someone doesn’t get out of bed in the next three minutes, I’m gonna go splash it.

Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will rebuke you, and you will be proved a liar.
Proverbs 30: 5-6, NASB


(SPLASH!)
Either verse could be taken alone and would profit us. However, they are paired in this translation, for Bible Expert reasons. That’s good! Here’s why:
V. 4 assures us that God’s words are a pure, strong fortress (storm cellar, fallout shelter, whatever). You may depend on them; they will take care of you.
V. 5 warns us of consequences, when we keep talking after our knowledge runs out; as our Mother Eve did:

You shall not eat from it OR TOUCH IT, or you will die. (Genesis 3:3b, NASB)

What consequence will you and I face when WE fail to end our words, when we have exhausted our wisdom? We get rebuked, and proved a liar.
Oh, YAY!
Why do I celebrate that? 
What if it said 
“Or an angel will shoot you in the keester with a shotgun”? 
I’d be afraid to express an opinion!
Instead of angelic buckshot,  AFTER I receive my rebuke and am proved to be a liar, THEN I can go to the Refuge, the pure serenity of knowing I’m SAFE in God’s words, and can be restored.

I celebrate, because (assuming I receive the rebuke, and repent of my lies), I then get to go HOME, and take refuge behind His shield.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Very good insight Pat! I'm thankful for my refuge in the LORD and HIS Word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word, and AMEN! Having a refuge changes me from being fearful or careless, to grateful and confident!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! This was so on point for me! I tend to talk way beyond my own wisdom and I have been sending that I should probably stop doing that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sounds to me as if your wisdom is increasing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023