Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 11-28-2020

A great good morning to my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, I hope you have had the right amounts of food, company and rest.


One who conceals his wrongdoings will not prosper,
But one who confesses and abandons them will find compassion.
Proverbs 28:13, NASB

You can find goodness in all sorts of things; this morning, I dropped my pie on the floor, and, after I muttered, I was GLAD the floor was clean. Yes, I ate the pie.

Some goodness is better than others. The goodness I’ve found in confessing and abandoning my wrong-doing is nothing short of magnificent.  If this was an autobiography of more than 300 words, I could provide many examples, but let me just give one from this week.

Tuesday morning, we went for our drive-through  COVID-19 tests. It was COLD and windy, but we stayed in the truck. A young lady came to record our info; I provided mine, but when she asked 16-year-old Kenneth for his, he had spaced out. I smacked him upside the head (lightly), and called him a moron for not paying attention to the lady standing in the windy cold. 

He didn’t say anything, but I could see I had embarrassed him. So, when we arrived home, I sent Alicia inside, and I apologized to him for treating him that way in front of others.

He cheered up immediately; he thanked ME for my apology! 

I told him of a boss who dressed me down in public, so he knew I understood. Then, I gave him permission to jack ME up, if I ever humiliated him in front of others again. 

And that’s how Papa found compassion. 


Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023