Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 11/21/2020

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, PLEASE stay healthy.

The horse is prepared for the day of battle, 
But the victory belongs to the Lord. 
Proverbs 21: 31, NASB 



One of my main rules for living is:
Do the next right thing. 

It has never failed me, although there have been a VERY few occasions, perhaps as many as two in the past 30 years, in which I couldn’t PROMPTLY see what that right thing was. 
I’m experiencing the second one right now. 

Behold, I shall hide nothing from you: it’s related to the political crisis the country is facing at the moment, but ONLY with respect to the spiritual implications, those which impact the Body of Christ.  I’m seeing advocates for this side, or the other;  I see no outcome that doesn’t (figuratively) leave me as a double amputee.

Caveat:  I stopped following the news some years ago, finding it to produce much heat and little light. So, I may be wrong, but, from the limited data I am allowing myself to view, “nobody knows the trouble I see.”  
All of the content I see is about the importance of “OUR side” winning, whichever side that is, and NO one is commenting on how we have cleverly strapped ourselves to a plank which is about to be sawn in half.

I can’t change that. Still, there MUST be a next right thing to do. 
After MUCH reflection, I believe that MY next right thing to do is to trust; specifically, to trust that the victory belongs to the Lord.
That doesn’t imply personal survival, but that was never promised; just the opposite, in fact. 
We are born to rise! 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023