Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 11/05/2020

 A great GOOD MORNING to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land. And to any family members who have appeared, every day is Thanksgiving!

For the lips of an adulteress drip honey,
And her speech is smoother than oil;
But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
Proverbs 5:3-4, NASB



The narrator in Proverbs 1-9 swaps, I believe, between Wisdom and the Godly Father. I could be wrong, because I’m not a text analyst; it might be Wisdom speaking all the way. The Young Man is the stand-in figure for you and me, regardless of our plumbing, so don’t bug me about that.

This morning, for the first time I am considering that the Adulteress is not only a human female, drawing us away from the right path, toward a location where arrows fly into our liver, but also is another reference to the Foolish Woman. If so, we are not only committing adultery when we defile the marriage bed, but when we turn away from Wisdom and accept the seduction of foolishness.

It’s foolishness when we trust in horses and chariots; it’s foolishness when we trust in might and power; it’s foolishness when we struggle against flesh and blood. It’s so EASY to do that! Our path to that THAT battle is sweetened by honey from the lips of the Adulteress, and smoothed by the oil of her speech.

And the Evil One loves it, because it WILL have us fighting against our brothers and sisters in Christ. You may find it difficult to believe that any Christian could vote for BEEP; verily, verily, I say unto you, THEY find it difficult to believe any Christian could vote for BOOP.

I swear I am not lying.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Good'n. It may be in the trusting of the BEEP and BOOP that we screw ourselves and others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023