Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 11/12/2020

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And to family members who dropped by, it’s a lovely day for a clear eye, a clear head, and clear sinuses; hoping for at least 1 out of 3.

The words of the wicked wait in ambush for blood,
But the mouth of the upright will rescue them.
Proverbs 12:6 NASB

 

A Rescuer

Gentle Reader, I am longing for many years of life at this moment, because there is SO MUCH excellent wisdom compressed into this chapter. I want to know it all, and share it all.

Some selfish reasons, there. My youngest bio-son, the Moose, asked me if I had ever considered a different sign-off, one that I had shared with him (and others) for some years:

Feeling bad doesn’t mean doing bad.

I’m POSITIVE I picked up the spirit of that aphorism elsewhere, but I don’t recall seeing it in that form, so perhaps it is TECHNICALLY original with me. It’s definitely got more redneck in it than I would expect to come from the lips of Jesus, King Solomon, Socrates, Baslam the Cripple, or fictional greats such as Abraham Lincoln. Maybe Will Rogers or Lewis Grizzard.

Regardless, it IS a word from my mouth that has rescued me, more than once (and I do NOT claim to be upright; just traveling there). NOBODY has a better application for my wisdom than I do! 

That’s because my wisdom was born out of a disaster, USUALLY my disaster. After the debris stopped falling, maybe decades after, I pulled together the lesson, and spoke the word I had learned.

Moose’s reminder of that word rescues me today. When I wake up feeling bad, I don’t have to do bad.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023