Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 11/10/2020

A great good morning to my friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, may your grits always have bacon and cheese!

Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all offenses.
Proverbs 10: 12, NASB


What are you looking for today? I guarantee this: you will find it.

Let me clarify, so as to avoid confusion: I’m not talking about the THING you are looking for. I’m talking about the reason you are looking for it.

To break it down with an example: 

Let’s imagine I’m looking for cat food. 

I’ve got Daniel San and Pitty Sing screaming at me, and running into my man cave, staring at me with accusing cat eyes, running back to their empty bowls. So, I go looking for cat food.

Outcome 1. TA-DA! I open the pantry, and find a 20 pound bag of Kitty-Kat’s Favorite brand cat food.

“AHA,” I think, “there it is!” And then I leave it there, and return to my man cave, secure in the discovery of cat food.

Nope!

Outcome 2. Uh-oh. I scour the house from attic to crawl space, finding MANY things I didn’t look for, but the only related item is an empty bag of K-K-F, crumpled in the trash can. 

“Oh, no,” I think, “all is lost!” And I return to my man cave in despair, and weep, for all is lost.

Nope!

Get the idea? I was NEVER (only) looking for cat food! Depending on my relationship with the felines, I was either looking to meet their needs, or looking to get them to leave me alone.

So I ask again: what are you looking for today? Hatred, or love? I believe those are really the only two choices. 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023