Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 11/04/2020

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to any family members who have dropped by, remember: we have Wisdom.

Do not abandon her, and she will guard you;
Love her, and she will watch over you.
Proverbs 4:6, NASB

The circumstances as I write this are as follows: it’s the day after a national election, and as of the time of this writing, the results are not yet clear. What IS clear is this: rhetoric coming from the parties of the two main candidates has been assuring us that the end of our way of life is nigh, unless we vote for them.

To these political parties I say: NO. You are both emphatically wrong, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for permitting such words to be spread to further your cause. Go home; you are drunk on power.

For all of the rest of us, I say: maybe we can’t dance, and are too fat to fly, BUT we have Wisdom. Let us not abandon Her. Let us love Her. She has our back, and She has our front and sides as well.

Today, Gentle Readers, I forsake the powerless pursuit after questionable facts, from sources I have no reason to trust. Instead, I will be studying the words of Tony Evans, because I believe that Wisdom can be found there. Specifically, I’ll be pouring myself into his 2011 book,  “Oneness Embraced:  Reconciliation, the Kingdom, and How We Grow Stronger Together.”  (Amazon Associates link)


I suggest you get your own copy. If you really, truly want to read it, and don’t have the means to buy your own copy, leave your contact information in the Comments section of my blog.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023