Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 11/18/2020

When I wish a great good morning to friends and neighbors in Internet Land, I am not making a statement of fact. I am expressing a wish, that you HAVE a great good morning. Similarly, when I speak to family members who may drop by, I often make a trivial statement not bordering on reality.

Today, I am without energy, enthusiasm, motivation. I am ill with some gut sickness, and in a medication transition period.
So, I thought, “Why bother trying to write a Tiny Devotion today? You really don’t have anything to offer.” And then I tried other diversions in the form of reading, and old movies, but they were tasteless as well.
“No problem,” I thought.  “I’ll just sit here, and not engage.”

However, I had to look at my blog, so I could moderate the comments submitted, a thing I do to keep the scammers out. And I thought, “Perhaps I ought to look a the daily proverb anyway. I might find some encouragement there.”
Didn’t have to look far. Not for encouragement, exactly; more along the lines of rebuke, and an implied directive:

One who separates himself seeks his own desire;
He quarrels against all sound wisdom.
Proverbs 18:1, NASB

Looks like sitting and not engaging isn’t going to be an option, regardless of my condition. I have SEEN where my own (unsanctified) desire leads, and it ain’t pretty. And I absolutely refuse to quarrel against sound wisdom.

This post is not a surrender to despair.

It’s more of an act of defiance against circumstances. 

The Moose has reminded me recently:

Feeling bad doesn’t mean doing bad. 

One is most likely an expression of the state of various neurotransmitters; the other is an implemented choice.


Peace be on your household.


Comments

  1. Needed to read this today (and most days). I am realizing through working the program that my isolation that I held SO, SO DEAR to me, is extremely toxic, and that to SURVIVE, I must have fellowship. Even when I don't want to. Even when it physically hurts.

    Love you, Oh Furry Wise One.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023