Tiny Devotional for RED FRIDAY, 12-11-2020

 A great good RED FRIDAY morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to any family members who dropped by, sometimes I miss you so much it hurts.

As a ring of gold in a pig’s snout
So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.
Proverbs 11:22, NASB


One of the best practices I implemented with my kids was daily reading from the Book of Proverbs. When I started, I didn’t realize just how beneficial it was going to become. 
It gave us quiet time together. They didn’t always appreciate it; sometimes, they got downright bumptious. Still, we kept it up, as long as health and morning schedules permitted.

In 1990, my first-born son was 7 years old. He was reading quite a lot of the morning selection himself, and proud to do it. He didn’t always understand the topic being addressed, though. 

Money was tight. I was getting my teaching certificate, my GI benefits was exhausted,  I worked part-time when I could. 
Still, I scraped up enough to take him to the movie starring the Famous Detective. The ads promised it was a live version of the comic strip.
I had loved the Sunday funny papers of the Famous Detective as a kid. He had a two-way wrist radio, then a two-way wrist TV! He caught bizarre bad guys with bizarre names!
I figured my small son and I would enjoy the movie together. 

In the funny papers, blondes didn’t crawl on the detective’s desk and flaunting their.... pulchritude... in his face. One did in the movie, though. 

EMBARRASSMENT (mine AND his)!
OPPORTUNITY!

I pointed out that the beautiful woman had acted without discretion, and how that was like a gold ring in a pig’s snout.

He got it!


Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023