Tiny Devotional for Monday, 05-17-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Alma Coffee’s cold brew.

Wisdom is in the presence of one who has understanding,
But the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.

(Proverb 17:24, NASB)

First week in November, I got Tony Evans’ book, “Oneness Embraced,” about racial reconciliation. Studying it has been one of the top spiritual challenges I’ve ever faced, along with recovery and salvation. I just couldn’t DO it on my own! I begged my pastor for help, and he came through. 

For the past several weeks, it’s Wednesday at 1:00 at the Waffle House, with Brother Charles from church who has been mentoring me. 

We set the standard the first week: 
We shared our hearts; 
We wept; 
We occupied the booth a LONG time; 
So we gave Heather the waitress a BIG tip. 
We don’t cry EVERY week, but everything else is the same.

And no matter WHAT I bring to share with Charles, he asks me the same two questions:

1. What is MY part in this?

2. How will God get the glory?

The fool in me looks to the past, both my past, and the distant past; the fool looks far away, at events in other places; and I wring my hands in despair. How could I/we have been so stupid/wrong?

Charles’ two questions always bring Wisdom into my presence. Instead of wailing about what was, I look at what I can do right here, right now. The eyes of the fool are on the ends of the earth; my eyes are brought back to the person sitting beside me; to the PEOPLE inside the events.

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023