Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 5-21-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Remember Everyone Deployed.

The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord;

He turns it wherever He pleases.

Proverbs 21:1, NASB


A difficult verse for me.

Difficult, because I don’t find it easy to see evidence of the Lord’s hand turning the hearts of rulers (kings, presidents, prime ministers) of the nations. 
Still, I believe that all earthly rulers hold their positions only by the sufferance of God (whether they know it or not). That’s not the same thing as saying all rulers are godly; they will, however, have to account for their actions before God (as will I).

Difficult, because I don’t know much about channels of water. I have no experience with irrigation, only with drainage.
My recent experience with channeling water has been to scrape out a trench along the edge of my driveway to keep my garage from flooding, during some heavy rains.  Before that, I had to get my roof fixed, so that rain would run off, instead of leaking through the ceiling.  Water in the wrong place is a bad problem for the homeowner.  

Difficult, because I only see tiny bits of the big picture. I’m only concerned with current events, and the immediate future. My day in Woodstock, GA,  is not concerned with the hearts of kings; it’s the price and availability of gas, and primers, and prescriptions that concerns me. These are trivial, compared to global events.

God knows this, even if I don’t. And yet, He cares for me, and my petty concerns, even as he turns the heart of kings.

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023