Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 07-02-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, not sure about Nitro coffee.

Guarding the paths of justice,
And He watches over the way of His godly ones.
Then you will discern righteousness, justice,
And integrity, and every good path.
Proverbs 2:8-9. NASB

I’m not fond of complaining and whining, particularly when I’m the one doing it. It’s just such an easy habit to fall into, because: 

“THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!”

Solomon tells us that the proper approach is NOT to identify precisely how the wicked are wandering astray. (That doesn’t mean that we are to validate every path as equally valid, although my generation embraced that concept with fervor, singing “If You Can’t Be With The One You Love” with great passion.)

Instead of focusing on the wrong (or endorsing every choice), this verse says: trust God, discern, and do accordingly.


My 16-year-old Kenneth gave me a lesson in that today. We were 15 minutes early getting him to work, and I offered to sit with him in the truck until time to go inside. He said, “I’m not going to sit in the truck for 15 minutes. I’m going in to work, because Early is On Time, and On Time is Late, and Late is Not Acceptable.” 

He didn’t get that from me; I operate on Patterson Standard Time. My gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, sometimes observes CPT.  Kenneth didn’t offer criticism; he merely arranged with me last night when we would leave the house, reminded me this morning, and was ready on time. 

That’s discerning a good path, and following it. 

He will be a good employee.


Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023