Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-04-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, “self-evident truths!”

When I was a son to my father,
Tender and the only son in the sight of my mother,
He taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart take hold of my words;
Keep my commandments and live.”

(Proverbs 4:3-4, NASB)


Yesterday I was talking with some friends, and the subject of credentials versus wisdom was a brief part of the topic. It’s something I have thought about a good bit, over the years. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I think that I learned most of what I needed to know, in order to be a productive member of society, by the time I was four years old.

That’s because the significant adults in my life took the approach described here: from the very beginning, they taught me the things I needed in order to live.

YMMV:

“I’m not going weren’t going to teach my kids about God; I’m going to let them make up their own minds when they gets older.”

Malarkey. That is, in fact, teaching your child about God; even if it isn’t your intention, you are teaching them that God doesn’t matter. 

Hardly ANYONE knows how to be a parent until they become one.  Most of us spent a LOT of time learning about nutrition, health, sleep, education, and so on. Even committing to the right diaper rash prevention isn’t easy!

Teaching kids about God is no different; new parents have to learn how to do that, as well. So, invite them to church! Show them where the nursery is, and help them ease into the short-term FREE childcare available. It will be a blessing!


Peace be on your household.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023