Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-18-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, PittySing the tortoise shell wants your breakfast.

The words of a person’s mouth are deep waters;
The fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.

Proverbs 18:4, NASB

Like this, but with beards

Experience with water is needed in order to understand this verse. Fortunately, I’ve lived next to a creek three times, and a canal once. Thus, I am an expert. (No, I’m not.) But here are my thoughts:

A person’s mouth is deep water; you don’t know what’s in there. 

The deepest water I’ve lived next to was a canal in Miami, when I was six; that water had alligators in it. At least, that’s what my parents told me. I guess they figured that I’d be more likely to stay away from the canal, and thus not fall in, if I was concerned about being eaten by a gator. 

Possible take-away: you don’t always know what is in a person by what they say. 

Wisdom is a bubbling brook, or rushing, gushing, or flowing stream; these all are POWERFUL. 

My best friend shanghaied me into taking a canoe down the (frigid) Nantahala one year. In places, the water is maybe only a foot deep, but it moves FAST.  We capsized the canoe (several times) and I had to STRUGGLE to regain my feet. The very first time we got dumped into the water, my shoes got sucked off my feet,  and I tossed my paddle somewhere whilst I was airborne. I had to pay to replace it.

Possible take-away: when you immerse yourself in wisdom, it ignores YOUR plans, and takes charge of your journey.

Also the Nantahala is FREEZING.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023