Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 07-14-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Isabella is due today, I believe.

One who walks in his uprightness fears the Lord,
But one who is devious in his ways despises Him.

Proverbs 14:2, NASB


I’ve got this entire chorus of morons in my head, yammering at me, every time I present a verse about the fear of the Lord. Look, morons, I get it; you don’t need to bring up the same old argument every time.
Morons have a fight-or-flight reaction to the phrase, and they do both. They FIGHT by stating 
“We don’t believe in a God we would run away from” 
(which is the FLIGHT part).

Oh, shut UP! You’re just looking for reasons not to take God seriously, which is the EXACT subject of  the second part of the verse.

Look at the contrast given: the upright one fears; the devious one despises. Those are your choices, right there. And you, morons-in-my-head, are choosing once again to DESPISE the Lord.

You aren’t taking Him seriously. You aren’t taking the plain sense of the Bible seriously. You are picking points and trivializing something that is meant to lead you to life fulfilled on earth, as it is in Heaven. That’s what “fear” means!

The morons-in-my-head are more moronic than morons in the world, because they are frozen in the 1970s. That’s when I encountered them in the flesh for the first time. They are memories, and thus cannot change. 

Meanwhile, their real-world counterparts had multiple learning experiences. They realized they were playing games with things that really mattered, and they converted from despising to fearing.

Well, except for the ones who died; not everybody learns.

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023