Tiny Devotional for Monday, 08-09-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Chinese food.

Give instruction to a wise person and he will become still wiser;
Teach a righteous person and he will increase his insight.

Proverbs 9:9, NASB


Today’s message is pretty much the same as yesterday’s. I did not plan it that way. 

  1. Maybe there is some crypto-structure in Proverbs, causing the message to repeat. If so, a scholarly paper has been published about it.
  2. Alternatively, this could be divine intervention; God is shouting that wisdom comes to those who seek it, and teachers get the best results from the best students.
  3. It might just be a random event. 

These are three alternatives for the reason today’s topic so closely resembles yesterday’s topic. What do you think? 

Today, I think it’s random. 

In 1973, though, I would have energetically proclaimed that the repetition of the teaching was God speaking specifically. I would have testified at the chapel service, told my brothers in the barracks and in the mess hall, and used this as a proof of God’s reality to my (good and patient) non-believing sergeant.

I remember that younger version of myself with compassion and understanding. I had JUST been radically saved from death and dishonor, and God’s power was in my eyes. OF COURSE I saw His hand everywhere!  

His hand IS everywhere.  That doesn’t mean He ONLY speaks through being the immediate cause of everything. My wiser elder brother Charles taught me to pray “How is God going to be glorified in this?” I get quiet, and listen; and then I see Him.

For advocates of the crypto-structure theory, feel free to Google it. On your own time.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023