Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-15-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, ha-ha, very funny.

The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable,
But the mouth of fools spouts folly.

Proverbs 15:2, NASB


Yesterday, I overheard my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant , foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, comment that Facebook was putting a warning label on every post that had anything to do with COVID. 

I’d seen it before, but didn’t care. This time, however, I decided to have a little fun. I posted that I was going to test the limits of the policy, followed by TWO posts that were an attempt to get the algorithm to behave stupidly. They were both  about the ineffectiveness of masks, BUT with respect to masked heroes. I picked Superman and the Lone Ranger. 

I was HOPING that by saying that their disguises were really ineffective, I could trick Facebook into putting a COVID warning on my posts, and then I could laugh at them for being so stupid. 

Well, it didn’t work. Evidently, “mask” isn’t enough of a trigger in itself to cause the sticker to be placed. So, good for them.

Here’s the punchline:

For the past several weeks, a dear good brother has been living with us while he is between housing, helping us out by doing lots of fix-it things around the house that I haven’t been able to do. It’s a mutual-aid thing.

Last week he got sick, and today, his COVID test came back positive. So, of course we feel sick now; it’s probably psychosomatic.

Suddenly, jokes on the subject don’t seem so funny. More like the mouth of a fool, spouting folly.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Still laughing at this post! One of the funnier ones. Still very wise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023