Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 08-24-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, sausage and eggs over toast with mustard.

For by wise guidance you will wage war,
And in an abundance of counselors there is victory.

Proverbs 24:6, NASB


Last Week in Kabul

It’s rather strange to read a verse about winning a war, as people are trying to climb on a transport aircraft as it taxis for take-off.

The verse is about the beginning and the end of war; don’t start anything without wise guidance, and get lots of (good) advice, and you will win. It would be too easy to point to the Kabul airport and nod my head, saying, “yep, this is what comes from doing it wrong.”

Too easy, because I’m not a strategist. I’m a former Spec-5 medic from a half-century ago, and I confess that my opinions on the Kabul evacuation and what lead up to it are uninformed, and really don’t amount to much more than regret.

I have made battle for myself, though, and it has nothing to do with boom-sticks. My battle was to turn my potential as a human being into a functional tool in the kingdom of God. Youthful strength carried me a LONG way in that journey, but eventually, it was just grit and determination that allowed me to get this far. 

That’s the war EVERYONE fights. It’s almost never against other people. Wise guidance helps each one of us find out how we can best use what we have to advance the kingdom, while eating enough sandwiches along the way. An abundance of counselors takes us through to the end.

And, at the end, it will be Evacuation Day.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023