A great good RED FRIDAY  morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Remember Everyone Deployed.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your body
And refreshment to your bones.

Proverbs 3:7-8, NASB
Google search results

I don’t pick the verse(s) I write on; I take what’s up next in the rotation. It’s almost always a single verse, unless the selection is a couplet. So, if you are tempted to believe I picked this verse as a commentary: resist the temptation.

The second line is something EVERYBODY I know would seek to claim. Certainly it’s true of all the people I hang out with on a regular basis. I met a few new people yesterday, and while I’m not claiming any deep insight, from their attitudes, I expect they also fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

It’s the FIRST line that causes problems. My pursuit of knowledge AND right living would have been SO much more efficient, if I hadn’t muddled the process by being wise in my own eyes.

Still: “I thank God for the journey,” said 10,700,000 internet videos.

With respect to healing to your body and refreshment to your bones: we are STILL talking about not being wise in your own eyes! If you pick a diet, exercise plan, or lifestyle from some source on the internet, just because they say “God” in their promotional material, then you are being wise in your own eyes. Check things out with someone you’ve found to be trustworthy; talk to your doc, or a wise grandmother (doesn’t have to be yours).

She’ll appreciate the call, anyway.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023