Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 09-02-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, it’s Thursday, but that might not matter.

To rescue you from the way of evil,
From a person who speaks perverse things;

Proverbs 2:12, NASB.

Rescue, or escape?

Okay, the ONLY reason I’m following through with writing this today, is because I didn’t write yesterday. Otherwise, you get nothing.

“Why” you might say “would we get nothing?”

It’s because this verse is stating what wisdom is good for, and I. Am. Just. Not. Going. To. Talk. About. That.

Why? Because people who speak perverse things LOVE to speak perverse things. I don’t want to HEAR perverse things. They are, well, perverse.

So, I resolved some time ago that I WAS NOT going to engage in debates with people anymore, pretty much about anything. It’s not because I am spiritual; I just don’t care about what perverse speakers are speaking.

I just left a page that had information about the school system where my kids go. YES, there was some entirely appropriate information posted there, BUT that was ALMOST drowned out by people speaking perverse things. 

A person can’t be happy with having a perverse opinion, held to themselves. They feel compelled to tell you about it. 

That doesn’t satisfy them, either. After they tell you about it, they have to get you to agree to have the same opinion. 

Of course, THAT NEVER HAPPENS, so then, they have to prove to you, that the thing that you aren’t interested in hearing about is absolutely the only correct belief. Also you are a coward/idiot/dupe.

NO, I DON’T want to hear it. And that’s why I’m not writing this post today.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023