A REALLY Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 11-23-2021

 I don't want to tell you what kind of day I had, but it's 6:33 PM, and I'm just taking up the writing. That might give you a clue. Seems later because it's darker.

"Gonna write your traditional blog today, Papa Pat?"

Here's the deal, rather, one aspect of the deal: I don't want to write anything on the verse that comes up in the rotation for today. That verse is:

Do not withhold discipline from a child;
Though you strike him with the rod, he will not die.
Proverbs 23:13, NASB

I don't want to write about it, because some people abuse their kids. I will say this: 

I think there are times when the best thing you can do for a child is paddle their behind. Ask any of my kids, and they can tell you that they got paddled. 

I also think that if paddling their behind is your answer for EVERYTHING, then you are messed up. Ask somebody for help.

You can even ask me; just not today.  

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Said it well my Brother Pat. There are times when the best thing you could do is paddle your kids, but it must be handled with love and care knowing that the kids would learn from their mistakes and stay away from it. Nice words my Brother Pat. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023