Tiny Devotional for Monday, 11-01-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Alma cold brew with Boost, and dried apples.

To receive instruction in wise behavior,
Righteousness, justice, and integrity;

Proverbs 1:3, NASB

Making young friends

Verse 3 is a part of the six-verse introduction to the  Book of Proverbs.  To get the context of this post, you might need to read my post addressing verse 2; I know I had to. 

Things I keep hearing:

  1. Your family is your most important mission.  If kids see authentic Christianity acted out in the home, it stays with them. Bizarrely, there is solid support for this in a secular journal.
  2. Show interest to a young person at church.  81% of youth who remain strong in their faith as adults grew up having close personal adult friends. Get parental permission first, before you start making friends with their kid. That’s how each week I get to buy my buddy TJ and his delightful sister a snack, and chat with them, without having wrestling coach dad put me on the floor.
  3. Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God.

Because I’ve read Proverbs 1 many times, and know the first part is an intro, I wasn’t expecting to hear THE MESSAGE this morning. But, BOOM! -there it is!  #3, at least; just expressed in different words. 

You might need to hear a different message; if so, I hope it comes through for you today. But, if you are confused about Life, The Universe, and Everything (LTUE); if you don’t know what you should be doing, or if you are doing it right; I suggest you clear your schedule, and pursue justice, mercy, and humility.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Well put I also recommend the book Sticky Faith. The Holy Post brought it up and also had similar lines.
    I know going to small group kept me around church longer than expected and I still rely on the wisdom I gained then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023