Tiny Devotional for Monday, 11-15-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, this day is a gift!

The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Watching the evil and the good.

Proverbs 15:3, NASB

Best place to watch: a Beach!

One of my favorite things is watching my kids interacting with their kids. Love fills my heart!

God watches His kids, too;  evidently, so do others. Three times in the past month, my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, and I have had people tell us that they have been observing us at church . 

It’s a bit shocking.

In each case, they have added something along the lines of “and what I see blesses/encourages me.” Still, we wonder:
Why is anyone looking at US?
Admittedly, I sing loud; sometimes I respond enthusiastically to a question asked from the pulpit. That doesn’t explain why they are looking at Vanessa, though, or why they are encouraged/blessed. 

I thought it might be because we are an interracial couple. But that’s not exactly rare at our church! I haven’t done a headcount, but we aren’t even the only interracial couple in our service, much less in the other five services.

I don’t think it’s our age; while our desire is to become Sweet Old People, we are only in our 60s.

I suppose the reason we are observed isn’t nearly as important as the fact that the observers are blessed and encouraged. 

It shouldn’t be a big deal. After all, which is more significant: 

A. That people watch us? Or 
B. That God watches us? 

Correct answer: B.

We trust we delight Him,  as watching our kids delights us.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. That's what happens when you become sweet old people. However, I must sat that I have had to say more than a couple of times, I'm Pat Patterson's wife when someone asks who are you and what service do you attend? Then they say Oh you're Pat Patterson's wife. I know who you are now. I'm totally OK with being the Ruth Graham" behind the man 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. They watch Vanessa and wonder why she puts up with you.

    "He's watching over you and meee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for the love you have with Ma'am Vanessa my Brother Pat! It's always good to have a goal to reach the old sweet couple 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023