Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 11-12-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Remember Everyone Deployed!

The thoughts of the righteous are just,
But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.

Proverbs 12:5, NASB

You won’t know the thoughts of the righteous until they tell you, and they won’t tell you unless you ask. You can get a clue to their thoughts by watching how they act, though.

Why in the WORLD would I seek counsel of the wicked?

    • Maybe I don’t know they are wicked; but if I don’t know someone well enough to know they are wicked, I don’t know them well enough to ask for their counsel. 

    • Maybe I want to become wicked myself; but, hardly ANYONE really sets out to become wicked! Usually, people who do wicked things are doing them to get something good (like food, shelter, clothing).

    • Maybe I’m looking for protection, or influence; it could happen. Little kids know that asking someone for counsel can provide some protection; that’s why they ask the teacher to explain again how to use a map, when she’s been giving them the stink-eye for talking. Ever ask the cop who pulled you over for directions to Smith Street, or the Children’s Hospital? Same principle, except cops and teachers aren’t known for being wicked.

Some seek counsel from the wicked because:

Character doesn’t matter.

You cannot follow the crowd here! Our country has managed to agree AND disagree with this position, simultaneously and enthusiastically, for decades. I’m not saying you need to ignore public opinion, but you need to ignore public opinion.

Don’t let that bother you, though. It’s really a good way of life.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Can I ask you something wise counselor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's I'll know it when I see it and I'll definitely know it when I'm thinking about it years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my Brother Pat, as the bible says in Psalm 1 that Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.
    Truly, the counsels of the wicked are deceitful. A Christian must have godly counselor to direct his life when he needed times to listen to advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023