Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 11-13-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, breakfast with the ZOOM Men’s Group!

One who guards his mouth protects his life;
One who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 13:3, NASB


Man, SHUT UP!

If my teachers hadn’t spent so much time telling me that, I might have actually learned something in school.

In French, it’s “Fermez la bouche.” The other French I remember is “Asseyez-vous,” which means “sit down.”

Of course, they wouldn’t have been saying that so much, if I hadn’t been talking so much. One teacher actually put her hand over my mouth to get me to stop, but I kept talking because I was trying to tell her WHY I was talking. It’s not that I wasn’t TRYING to stop talking; I just COULDN’T stop. 

It can still be an issue, but age, wisdom, and medication for my ADD helps a lot. I also have been known to put a timer on myself. 

Actually, I don’t think this verse is addressed so much to ADD youth, as it is to adults. My gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA played a video for me the other day. Someone asks a man
“What do you do for a living?”
and he answered
“I mind my own xxxxxxxxx business.”

Whether in the neighborhood or at work, there are some people who just cannot seem to keep anything to themselves. In the short run, it aggravates everybody around them; it the long run, people avoid them, and don’t tell them ANYTHING if they can help it.

Sigh. Some of my stories are so INTERESTING, though; but, I only have 300 words 

Peace be on your household.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023