Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 11-04-2021

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, it’s trail mix, NOT trial mix: enjoy trails; endure trials.

Listen, my child, and accept my sayings,
And the years of your life will be many.

Proverbs 4:10, NASB

If you are careful reader, you will notice that I changed “son” to “child.” It’s not that I’m woke, just that I have daughters as well.  

A careful reader might also note that this verse has an unintended reference to a modern shotgun, known as the .410 bore. The significance will not be lost on frustrated parents, who mentally might add this to the verse:

“And if you don’t listen, my child,
I will shoot you with a shotgun.

While I DO understand the sentiment, I absolutely forbid you to act on it. There is no possible good outcome to shooting your child, no matter how much they aggravate you. Also, don’t get huffy on me and say no one has EVER thought about shooting their kid. There wouldn’t be a Bible verse warning against it, if it weren’t a possibility:

Discipline your son while there is hope,
And do not desire his death.

Proverbs 19:18, NASB

Parents, the guarantee against facing times when your kids make you lose your mind is:
nonexistent.
If you have children, and raise them, they WILL make you want to pull your hair out at some point. If parenting had a “HELP!” key, the label would be worn off. That’s not because of bad parenting, it’s because we are humans. 
Actually, I suspect that good parents might suffer more than bad parents, because good parents care more. 

And 12 gauge is a better choice, anyway:

See?

JUST KIDDING!

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Yes my Brother Pat, Train up a child in the way he should go and when He is old He will depart from it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023