Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 11-16-2021

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, let it cool before you eat it!

Commit your works to the Lord,
And your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3, NASB



We say: 
“I’m going to do great and wonderful things for the LORD!”

The Lord says: 
“You won’t be able to do those things you have in mind. That’s not what I want you to do, anyway. But, go ahead; I’m always here, when you are ready to listen to Me.”

All good work advice says: Plan first, THEN work.  Here, though, it speaks of our work first, and then our plans. I THINK that’s because we are ALWAYS working, even right this second: I am writing; you are reading. People never stop working! Even when we sleep, we work, because our hearts beat, we breathe, and our brain does brain things.

All of our work is composed of little things: we walk, sit, write, talk, lift, cook, clean, dig, decide, study.

Our plans are composed of BIG things: build a tower; spy out a land; send a pregnant wife away secretly so as not to shame her; crucify the Messiah.

Do you see that God already has the big things under control? We only THINK we have a plan; God has THE PLAN! He will establish our part in it, if.

If?

If. 

If we commit our works to Him. 

If we realize that in Him we live, and move, and have our being. 

If we render service as to the Lord.

If we acknowledge Him in all our ways.

If we do the next right thing.

If we do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Trust in him, if you do everything right the hardest part of the day is getting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message brother I have been and still is asking God to give clear instruction for the path I’m taking and this has inspired me to continue with what he’s telling me to do thank you brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great message brother I have been and still is asking God to give clear instruction for the path I’m taking and this has inspired me to continue with what he’s telling me to do thank you brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my Brother Pat, as the verse says Commit our works to the Lord and our works shall be established. Nice ideas from God's word. Praise God my Brother Pat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023