Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 09-08-2022

A great good morning to you, friends and neighbors out there in Internet Land! And, for family members who have dropped by: is there a flavor of Cheerios you prefer? 

I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion. 
Proverbs 8:12, NASB 

My first dwelling


 Check this out: where you dwell determines what you will find. 

 My first (1953-1958) dwelling was on a dirt road in semi-rural Bibb County, Georgia. My best friend Butch and I were a slightly modernized version of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, exploring the outdoors all day long, finding WONDERFUL things! In the decade before the anti-littering campaign, it was routine for motorists to dispose of trash by tossing it out of the window, and that included soft-drink bottles. Butch and I picked them up, and redeemed them at the corner store for two cents each. It brought a pretty good paycheck for a couple of four & five year old boys, enough for candy and gum. We found other things as well, including a giant box turtle, and once a roadkill rabbit almost as big as me that I proudly carried home to my grandmother, expecting her to cook it. Instead of a meal, I got a bath, with lots of scrubbing. 

Because: just because I had found it, that didn’t mean she had to bring it into her house. 

I don’t really know where to go with this, with a 300 word limit. There’s just too much to say. So, I sum up: 

  • We have more control over where we dwell with our hearts and mind, than we do over where we dwell with our bodies. 
  • Even if we dwell in a garden, snakes can appear. Don’t let them in your house. 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. This is my first post in a LONG time, and I don't know if I have formatted it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Especially your summation. Where your heart dwells, there you will find your treasure. My heart dwells with you and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023