Tiny Devotional for Monday, 06-12-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, draw your own conclusions.

Praise the Insightful!

A man will be praised according to his insight,
But one of perverse mind will be despised.

Proverbs 12:8, NASB

When did THAT happen?
I’m not denying it is true; just don’t know when it starts. 
Do children receive praise according to their insight? 

Considering praise by age-level, it seems the progression begins with “not hitting/biting,” then “plays well with others;” then strength, agility, beauty are added in. Eventually, academic success is praised.

I personally don’t recall having ANY insight, until I was 20 or so, and discovered ‘honesty.’  I didn’t see it in any of my pre-adult peers, either. 

Maybe it’s a trait only seasoned adults have? Except recently, my 18-year-old Kenneth shocked me with the insight he had into a family conflict, and his ability to communicate that insight to others. Maybe young people aren’t given an opportunity to use it?

Speaking as a senior citizen, insight is both one of the few things we value, and we are valued for. 

Working definition: ‘insight’ is being able to look beyond FACTS and seeing FACTORS. It allows one to go beyond DESCRIBING to EXPLAINING. That has significant survival value, and the community benefits as well.

What of the one with the perverse heart? 

I THINK (I’m uncertain) they have insight as well, but they don’t use it to benefit others. Instead, they seek selfish goals, OR they might stimulate conflict because they like the way it looks. Immediately, demagogues of the past and present come to mind. They don’t seek to SOLVE problems; they use them to gain power.  

Ignore them. They are despicable.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Amen my Brother Pat, So true, insights must be used to benefit others and not by selfish intentions and goals. Insights can help lots of ways and must not taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023