Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 06-16-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Remember Everyone Deployed!

Better is a little with righteousness
Than great income with injustice.

Proverbs 16:8, NASB

I find myself being unprepared to wrestle with the proverb. I’m questioning my credentials in the “little vs great income” comparison. 

On one hand, my career choice (education) was never going to provide me with great income. My one foray into the land of Big Bucks, as a mainframe computer reseller, coincided with a massive industry downturn. 

On the other hand, any time I start to get smug about how I got by while making ‘little,’ I remember that I was born in North America, and that in comparison with the rest of the world, we’re bloody rich.

I can’t really say I know a lot about righteousness or injustice, either. There were a few college years when I rode a motorcycle and had long hair, and I got pulled over by the cops a lot, but that’s the beginning and end of my injustice story.

So, I’m struggling here.

How about this: my weary, creaky, aching 70-year-old body woke up this morning, and my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant, foxy, praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA, was sleeping beside me. I got dressed as quietly as I could, and before I left the bedroom, I kissed her and told her she is the second-best choice I’d ever made, and waking up next to her was a miracle I was never going to get tired of.

That’s my ‘little with righteousness’ analogue.

I won’t go into detail, but my ‘great income with injustice’ analogue was my life at 19. 

Yeah. This is better. 


Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. ❤️ you are definitely the second best child I ever made❤️ No. 3 would be deleting the text message I was going to send Kennypoo this morning😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly auto correct choice not child🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023