Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 06-04-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, the Liberty picnic is today.

 


I have directed you in the way of wisdom;
I have led you in upright paths.

Proverbs 4:11, NASB 

Most of those who will read this are parents, and if you have been a parent for more than, say, three days, you will know that there are good days, and there are bad days.

If you are living through the good days, it’s lovely! If you are in the bad days, the good days seem to be very, very far away. And, while prayer and a good support system are valuable coping strategies, there is nothing I know of that can turn a bad day into a good day.

That’s when this verse becomes very important.

We can’t CONTROL the outcomes for our children, but we can influence them. Being a good example to our kids is pretty much the best we can do, whether it’s a good day or a bad day. However, on a good day, there are many other things to celebrate; on a bad day, this might be all we have.

I find that there’s really nothing I want to add, other than to say that the Creator is a Parent as well, and He yearns for good outcomes for us, even as we do for our children.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Yes we can influence our children. Praise God my Brother Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST discovered that the permission to post comments was restricted.
    I fixed that, I hope.
    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! being an good influence on your children outside of prayer is the best you can do. Lean on God for wisdom because he is the ultimate parent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023