Tiny Devotional for Thursday, 06-01-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, breakfast is served, when you can face it.

To give prudence to the naive,
To the youth knowledge and discretion,
A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,

Proverbs 1:4-5, NASB

I’m getting these little pops of wisdom dropping down recently. They happen when I understand aspects of life in new ways, as I accept my own aging process. As I prepared today’s selection, I realized:

Everybody longs for a safe place, and 
That’s what these verses promise.

Have you heard the latest news about the DANGERS of EDUCATION ?!?!!! 

My personal course of study has brought me some frightening challenges; so, I DO understand the anxiety. The danger is vastly overblown, though, and it’s NOT a recent development:

“...much learning doth make thee mad!”
Acts 26:24b, KJV

As one of the wisest, most learned men ever, Solomon wanted to provide assurance that he wasn’t out to pervert God’s wisdom; he was establishing it. Here, he says that God’s wisdom is for EVERYBODY, not just scholars and priests. 

Result: EVERYBODY freaks out. Some of the learned resist allowing a bunch of redneck hillbillies access to wisdom that’s been hoarded for generations. And some of the new students whine: 

‘why do I have to learn wisdom? I’m never going to use this stuff!’

So, as gently as possible, Solomon promises that this new path of open education will SAFELY take us to a SAFE place. That was VERY considerate, because as king, he could have mandated it, and have complainers stoned. Instead, he uses attraction, rather than promotion. 

Let’s join the party!

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023