Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 06-27-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, I slept in!

Like a bird that wanders from her nest,
So is a man who wanders from his home.

Proverbs 27:8, NASB

Since I know nothing about birds, and a LOT about wandering from home, this verse tells me more about them than it does about us. It sounds like birds don’t like wandering, either. Some of y’all raise chickens; please advise.

We moved frequently when I was a lad. By the time I graduated from high school: 16 different homes, three states, three different family constellations. 
I continued nomad life as an adult: 26 different homes, three states, two continents, and multiple family constellations, until I made my last move in November 1992. 

My multiple residences only matter when I seek to answer a question this verse poses: do I have a home to wander from?

Yes.

My home has ALWAYS been the first place I lived.

This is what it looks like, now; 
it looked different in my dreams. 

Those dreams came during the worst times in my life, when I had a place to live, but had no home. 

In those dreams, I’m with family, I’m loved, and every tear is wiped away.

Those dreams comforted me; but then, I woke up.

Beloved in the Lord, you and I have a TRUE home in Heaven. Please, don’t let the symbolism confuse you; Heaven is not merely the place where they have streets of gold. 

Heaven is where God is. 

The tastes of Heaven we get here on Earth comfort us; but we always have to wake up. 

One day, we won’t have to wake up any more.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. There's no place like home for sure - and when we think of our home and family - it is a reminder of Heaven and Jesus and the whole family! Thanks for the reminder that the yearning for home is a picture of our yearning / desire for heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023