Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, the Fairmount Pattersons are Papa-sitting this morning!

It is better to live in a corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

Proverbs 21:9, NASB

Today is the 21st of the month; so, Proverbs 21. I have written about verses 1-8;  it’s verse 9’s turn.

Thus, my selection of this verse has NOTHING to do with my wife, mother, sisters, or daughters! All of them are intelligent, confident, and assertive; they are NOT contentious.

‘Contentious’ does NOT mean ‘has a different opinion’! 

A man who has lived with a contentious woman gives the definition by example:

I was 20 years old, and stupid (those might be the same thing). 
I thought our marriage would work because she was beautiful, and I was, too. It didn’t take long before I realized I was wrong about that.
Most of the time, it didn’t matter what I did; I couldn’t please her. We were married for 3 years, 5 months, 14 days; but time passed a LOT slower back then. 

A contentious woman is deeply unhappy, not evil. Until the core of that unhappiness is addressed, efforts to make her happy will fail. 

At first, she may not know she is contentious; she just thinks she’s married to an idiot, and has evidence to support that.

It won’t help to fight back or give in.  

Disengaging  (to the roof corner) might, because it  allows her space and time to realize her real battle is within herself. 

This is also a case in which prevention is better than the cure. 
Otherwise, you really ARE an idiot. 

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. As a former 20 year old man there is no difference between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scripture good morning my brother..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been a contentious woman I love your definition I certainly had some unhappiness that fueled that fire. It does take two so the rooftop is a safe place to cool off. Grin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting until you're significantly older - 25 and 27, finished with college, in the middle of grad school - has stuck for 48 years so far. There is a huge maturation possibility in getting through some of your milestones first. I think. (You'd have to ask him.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rooftop corner looks mighty attractive when living with someone who shares their misery. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good word my Brother Pat. The best is the wife or a woman that feareth the Lord. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 05-23-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023