Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 08-26-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, we are truly free!

The sluggard says, “There is a lion in the road!
A lion is in the open square!”
Proverbs 26:13, NASB

This morning, we were going to get up just a LITTLE early for a Saturday, so we could take Vanessa’s car in for service. I set the alarm for 7:15, so we could get there when the doors opened at 8:00.
When the alarm went off, I got up, did a bit of personal care, and then…
...and then, I went back to bed.
I’m sure I had a good excuse, but honestly, a GOOD excuse wasn’t necessary. Even a bad excuse was sufficient.

You know why I finally got up, an hour later? There was a lion IN THE HOUSE!
Actually, it wasn’t a lion. It was three dogs. They depend on us to let them outside to potty, and then to let them inside, so they can have their doggy breakfast. 

Over the course of my life, there HAVE been times when the imaginary lion kept me in bed. Those weren’t times I was ill, nor times when I had to go to a job I hated. 
It was the days when nothing good waited for me to get up.

It’s a good reminder to me: if I really DO want to get out of bed, then I need to have a meaningful task waiting for me. There are people who love me, and in a perfect world, that would be sufficient. It’s probably sufficient today. But, the dogs are insurance.

Consider: do you need insurance?
Does someone need you to be their insurance?

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. What a good reminder my Brother Pat , there are people who love us and that would be sufficient. Thank God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023