Tiny Devotional for Tuesday, 08-15-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, don’t fall off of the roof, dad, you’ll make a dent in the yard.

The lips of the wise spread knowledge,
But the hearts of fools are not so.
Proverbs 15:7, NASB

Vanessa told me I should write about being stubborn! I must rule myself ineligible, since I know NOTHING about the topic.
That wouldn’t stop a fool, though.
A fool delights in talking about subjects in which they have zero knowledge. They will spout the most idiotic drivel that they partially overheard in a thunderstorm, as if it were demonstrated fact.
It’s not necessary that they overhear something, though; if you spend ANY time with a fool, you can actually watch them making something up, while they are talking. 

I DON’T think that’s the same thing as those who manufacture a lie so they can profit from it. 

Once the lie is out there, though, the fools grasp it and run with it, just for fun. 

That would be somewhat amusing, if it weren’t for the pain and loss suffered by those who are legitimately deceived. Add the harm done by damaging a person or product’s reputation, and reasons for laughter evaporate.

A certain kind of fool will continue to spread the lie, even after it’s been proved false, or even repudiated by the author. Even worse are those deceived, who received the lie as an answer to personal tragedy; they DESPERATELY want it to be true.

And if you wonder why I’m not giving specific examples, it’s because I don’t want to have to deal with the attacks.

Some of my best friends are fools, you see. (Not YOU, though!)

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. I see you brought out your double barrel shotgun for this blog post! 🦄

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

    Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023