Tiny Devotional for Monday, 09-11-2023

A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMES!!!

With his mouth the godless man destroys his neighbor,
But through knowledge the righteous will be delivered.

Proverbs 11:9, NASB

My initial response on reading this: I want to go find a godless person, and slap the taste out of their mouth.

Something to know: not EVERY neighbor is righteous. That’s significant, because it’s only the righteous who will be delivered. The unrighteous? They are busted.
Now, if that seems okay to you, then reflect on THIS: are YOU righteous? REALLY righteous?
Because I’m not. 

True, I haven’t broken any of the Ten Commandments, recently; not that you can PROVE, anyway. BUT! I built a garage without getting a building permit. And I haven’t returned phone calls. And there is BOUND to be something else! So, if a theoretical (because my real neighbors are nice) godless neighbor calls the cops on me, and an acronym agency investigates, they can find SOMETHING I did wrong. 

It ain’t fair!

Godless person don’t care!

You know why they don’t care? Either because they THINK that if they rat out somebody else, then THEY won’t get in trouble for what they have done wrong; OR, because they just like causing trouble.

However!

Despite what I said earlier, I have SEEN the righteous delivered through knowledge. Very recently, I was there when a beautiful, sweet, smart, righteous person was delivered, because she HAD done wrong in the past, but was determined to do right now, even if it cost her freedom.

O Best Beloved, being righteous doesn’t require that you have never done anything wrong. It’s really a matter of the heart, and intent.   

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Her again!!! BTW, the verse does not say anything about "her". It's "his" mouth that destroys "his" neighbor. Leave her out of the drama "his" mouth caused.🦄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret that I have no idea what 'HER' you are speaking of.

      Delete
  2. I think this continues the wisdom of the "pen is mightier than the sword". It is also easier to take down another with words than getting close with a sword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen for this my Brother Pat, being righteous is a matter of the heart and intent. True statement. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023