Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 09-16-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, finish that, so we can go!

A divine decision is in the lips of the king;
His mouth should not err in judgment.
Proverbs 16:10, NASB

This verse is a great warning against being the boss.

I say ‘boss’ although this says ‘king.’ I don’t know any kings, other than a toddler in Bogo City, Philippines. He IS a wonderful person, but I don’t think this verse is for him. Yet.
So, I use ‘boss.’

There is ONE significant difference between the king referenced here, and the bosses we all know: the weight of the decision. 
All the bosses I had made decisions about schedules, and training, and goals; while significant, those weren’t DIVINE decisions. Even hiring and firing weren’t divine. 
The king? Some, maybe all, decisions are divine.

Now, in America, we elect our rulers. Whether that’s any better than a king, I couldn’t say; still, it’s what we live with.

While I don’t seek information about politics, some gets forced my way; think about the water from a firehose, which gets everywhere. Therefore, I have formed an impression of the way Americans feel about their ruler. It seems that half of the country hates and despises whoever is elected, while the other half think they are the best president EVER!!! I don’t THINK it was this intense in the past, but I do remember seeing a wall calendar featuring all the presidents, in which Kennedy’s picture was blacked out; so, at least 60 years.

My counsel: advocate for your candidate all you want. Once the election is over, remember that GOD ORDAINED the winner, and act accordingly.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023