Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 09-17-2023

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family members who have dropped by, Vanessa is coming home today!

A rebellious man seeks only evil,
So a cruel messenger will be sent against him.

Proverbs 17:11, NASB

Sometimes I pretend to be a rebellious man, but I’m really not, and everyone around me knows I’m just playing. When playing that character, 

I DON’T LIKE NUTHIN!

...and I disagree with everything.

Vanessa says “do you want a bowl of ice cream?” and I answer, “I’ve never eaten ice cream in my life, and you know it!” 
My performance usually lasts about15 seconds, which is as long as I can stand it, and about as long as my ‘audience’ can stand it. 

A truly rebellious man finds fault in EVERYTHING; that’s one of the aspects of seeking only evil. It’s because they are no longer able to believe in the good; they can no longer believe in the good, because it’s really God they are in rebellion against.

You have to see them in action before you realize who they are; you wouldn’t THINK a person could really reject help when they need it, but they do. They don’t need your stinkin’ help; they do just fine, by themselves. 
Oddly, an outside observer would come to a different conclusion. They would see a person who is NOT doing fine; and over time, it would seem that is on purpose. You and I see people offering aid and comfort; they see enemies trying to take advantage of them again. 

That’s why a cruel messenger is sent against them; they can’t even conceive of a good messenger, so ALL messengers are cruel.

Pity them; they are their own worst enemy.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. ❤️🦄 your name is Pat Patterson you don't have to do nothing😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed my Brother Pat, a rebellious man always find fault. To be a rebellious man is a disaster and a big problem.
    Even in the bible, it says Rebellion is a sin of witchcraft.
    Nice reminder my Brother Pat, Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023