Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 03-27-2024

  A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, don't spill your water in your lap.

Be wise, my son, and make my heart glad,
That I may reply to him who reproaches me.

Proverbs 27:11, NASB


I had a business transaction with a man who had the unusual last name of  Tweezel. After the deal was over, I asked him if he was related to my friend Dweezel. Dweezel is really a great guy, and when I found out he was Dweezel's father, I complimented him on raising such a fine son. He replied, “I'm proud of both of my sons.”

I also know his other son, Meezel, and I knew he was a convicted felon who had spent time in jail; since his release he's worked hard to become a productive member of society. I was touched that Mr. Tweezel stood firm in his statement that he was proud of both of his sons.

As parents, we long for our children to make the right choices, whether they are pre-teens or middle-aged, because  we know their lives will be easier if they do. However, this is a real-life verse, not something for the fantasy world in which everyone acts perfectly. Our children are going to make mistakes, just like us. 

That means we won't always be proud of what they do, but we can choose to be proud of who they are. 

It's an important distinction; none of us are completely defined by our mistakes. When we are in the middle or the end of a chain of bad choices, it can SEEM that way. It's not the truth, though; we can always change. 

I'm proud of all my children.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. This was timely and encouraging! Happy I checked my email this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word Pastor Wordsmith🦄💓

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Papa Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm touched by your words my Brother Pat. Truly, no parents desires bad for his children and we long for our children to make good choices. We can't always be proud of what they do, but we can always be proud of who they are. Nice words my Brother Pat. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023