Tiny Devotional for Monday, 04-08-2024

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, brown rice and salsa!

By me kings reign,
And rulers decree justice.
By me princes rule, and nobles,
All who judge rightly.

Proverbs 8:15-16, NASB

A Royal Court

Wisdom has a pretty impressive resume, doesn't she? ALL who judge rightly depend on her. I don't know if we appreciate that, since we are living in a country that elects most of those corresponding to kings, princes, and nobles. If we don't like the way our government is going, we just vote the rascals out; if we have any formal process of evaluating whether they are ruling by wisdom or by folly, I have yet to see it. I have also yet to see any process of evaluating whether the voting population is operating in wisdom or folly. Of course, there is the process by which supporters of Candidate A proclaim the foolishness of supporters of Candidate B, and vice versa.  I'm not sure that sheds any light on the situation, since the claims are mutually exclusive. 

Frustrated by the entire process, I chose a basic set of guidelines for my own behavior: do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God (Micah 6:8). That pulled me out of political conversations, which was no great loss. It has had the benefit, however, of allowing me to focus my efforts on things that matter, such as providing gifts to those in need. I don't feel it's necessary to scrutinize the politics of people I've been permitted to help; that just doesn't matter.  

The ONLY filter I'm permitted to implement is 'especially to those who are of the household of the faith (Gal 6:10).' 

I hope that's wisdom.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Even if you say it 📢 neither Group A nor Group B are listening to wisdom's cry. 🦄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen my Brother Pat, the bottomline especially in ruling and judging will be the need for appropriate Wisdom.Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen my Brother Pat, the bottomline especially in ruling and judging will be the need for appropriate Wisdom. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 06-21-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 08-20-2023

Tiny Devotional for Sunday, 07-23-2023