Tiny Devotional for Monday, 05-13-2024

 A great good morning to all my friends and neighbors in Internet Land! And to family who might drop by, Monday is no excuse.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

Proverbs 13:12, NASB


Yesterday, I discovered an item I wanted was going on sale in about 100 minutes from now. It's priced above the level where I make purchases on my own advice, and so I asked Vanessa, knowing she would be less than enthusiastic. I was right; she told me I didn't need that, and I agreed with her wholeheartedly. I don't NEED it; I WANTED it, though. After we had talked about it for a bit, and discussed the things that we do, in fact, really need, she told me I could go ahead and buy it. 

(NOTE: I wasn't badgering her; we don't negotiate that way. I didn't wear down her arguments, this was a decision she made of her own free will. Just ask her!)

I spent much of the afternoon and evening researching, and drooling over the prospect of making the purchase. This morning, one of the first things I did was watch a short video about the item. And then, it was time to write this, and before I looked at the verse, I thought “Maybe I'll get an answer here!”

And I did!

At first, I thought the answer was “Go ahead and get it! You won't have a sick heart, then!”

Then, I re-evaluated. 

No hope will be deferred, whether I get this or not. It's just preference, not need. But there ARE some needs I know about, people and agencies that have a constant ministry presence, feeding and housing families. So: ”Meet THAT need” is my answer.

Peace be on your household.

Comments

  1. Amen and Amen my Brother Pat. Good idea. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Devotional for Wednesday, 05-08-2024

Tiny Devotional for Saturday, 05-04-2024

Tiny Devotional for RED Friday, 05-03-2024